Training & Coaching
World-Wide Live Stream
Support At Your Location…
No Travel Expenses
How much money has your company “left on the table” because of the way your people think and work together? In mid-large companies, millions of dollars are commonly forfeited because of corporate culture weaknesses. These losses negatively impact net income but are not tracked or reported. If you could learn how to identify your losses, unite your management team and “shift” the culture to stop them, how much more money could you make? Now, for the first time, you can find out!
MiningOpportunity Loss Reduction System
NO FLUFF… Just HARD FACTS, PROVEN METHODS and THE TRUTH about what works and doesn’t work…
Giving executives and management teams QUICK ACCESS to their corporate culture’s “profit potential”!
- Over 20 years of work with Loss Reduction perspectives, case studies and proven tools/tactics grouped into training modules that build on each other.
- Ground-breaking insights and “aha moments” from Kay’s 3-year intensive study of management’s barriers to change and optimization are included… information that you can’t get anywhere else!
- Initiatives create HOPE for culture change; this training replaces HOPE with CERTAINTY and SUSTAINABLE CHANGE.
- In just days, your team will find losses that were hidden and understand why they are occurring.
- You will learn new behaviors and tactics linked to loss reduction that “shift” the culture and stop your losses.
Meet Your Trainer and Coach!
KAY SEVER is one of the WORLD’S LEADING EXPERTS in LOSS REDUCTION!
KAY SEVER may be the ONLY EXPERT in REDUCING CORPORATE CULTURE LOSSES!
KAY SEVER is THE PERFECT TRAINER AND COACH to work with your leadership team!
Kay Sever has helped executives, division managers and site managers, superintendents and supervisors identify over $100,000,000 of hidden losses. To discover these losses, Kay looks for what’s missing from profit, perspectives, data, decision criteria, communications, working relationships, etc. Every aspect of Kay’s hands-on experience with loss reduction and culture shifts will be shared with your management team
- Kay expands your perspectives about what is possible to achieve and change!
- Kay guides and coaches you as you apply new strategies and tools that reduce losses and change culture!
- Kay gives your team honest feedback about what you must do to be successful!
New Perspectives Reveal Hidden Losses… New Ways of Working Together Convert Them to Profit!
A SIX MONTH PLAN that Creates a Sustainable Loss Reduction Culture!
- Loss Reduction 101 (Beginning Management Level, 5 days of training, 90 days of support)
- “An Army of Eyes”: Train the Trainer (Workforce Basics, 90 days after 101 training)
- Loss Reduction 202 (Advanced Management Level, 5 days of training, 90 days of support)
- Spend a Day with Kay (Optional – Retreats, Refresher Training, existing clients only)
Page down or click on the name of each session to see the detail for content and deliverables.
World-Wide Live Stream Support at Your Location
No Travel Expenses, No Extra Time Away for Training, Flexibility
Advances in technology make it possible to meet with people face-to-face virtually all over the world… meetings are very personal and very interactive… a high quality exchange of ideas and information.
Culture shift topics are a good fit for live stream coaching and training. All MiningOpportunity Training Modules were designed to work with the Live Stream Option. Much or all of our interaction will use Live Stream technology. As a result, your cost for this training will be lower than on-site support.
Flexibility Is Important When You Are Running A Company!
- For clients across the world, Kay will adjust her schedule for training to meet your schedule, regardless of continent.
- For weekly calls, Europe and Africa will be afternoon calls, North and South America will be mid-day calls, Australia and Asia will be morning calls.
- If it becomes necessary to reschedule a training session or weekly call, this option makes it easy for you and me. Just let me know and we will select another day that works for both of us.
Loss Reduction 101 (Beginning Management Level, 5 days of training, 90 days of support)
Basic training modules introduce concepts about hidden losses, loss calculation methods and links between losses and cultural and management behaviors. New management actions will be shared that ‘shift” the culture and stop the losses. Losses will be identified, valued and analyzed for cause. The team will agree to changes that will convert losses to profit. Management barriers to change will be identified and strategies for removing them will be discussed.
- Removing “The Lid” on Performance, Culture and Change.
- Seven “Million-Dollar” Mindset Shifts… Value Unleashed!
- The 3 P’s (Potential, Problems, Projects): Areas of Focus
- Proof of Culture Losses, Why They Are Hidden
- Loss Calculation Methodologies
- Event-Based Costs – a Second Kind of Variable Cost
- Case Studies Linked to Culture Losses.
- Loss Report format and Use
- Understanding Your Management Subculture
- Numbers Drive Behavior
- Fear of Speaking About Problems
- The Correlation Between Trust and Profit
- Playing Tennis with Problems
- Choices – Trading Personal Power for Team Power
- Managing Your “Culture Engine”
- Creating “One Team” with the Culture Map
- Managing the Process of Discovery
- What Management Must be Willing to Change to Stop the Losses.
- Selecting KPIs/Measures Linked to Losses
- Selecting Values for potential/desired result – price, margin, availability, utilization, rates, min/max optimums
- Using Trends to Tell a Story about Change
- Structuring Communications for Losses and Key Measures
- Strategies for Grouping Loss Measures
- Management’s Barriers to Change.
- Management’s “Organizational Dam” – It’s Demolition Time!
- Case Studies Linked to Management Barriers for Change.
101 Deliverables During Training:
Your team will experience several “million-dollar mindset shifts” as you
- Embrace new perspectives about profit and loss… You will NEVER GO BACK to your old way of thinking!
- Identify and value losses, prioritize losses and agree to a strategy to stop them.
- Create their first Loss Report during training.
- Understand culture attributes that cause hidden losses.
- Understand management system links to losses.
- Learn how to change the “management subculture”.
- Learn how to build trust and strengthen team relationships.
- Understand the strategy behind choosing targets linked to potential.
- Know how to select KPIs linked to losses.
- Know how to strategically communicate trends.
- Be aware of their barriers to change and how they intersect with culture.
- Have the skills to take their barriers down so they can stop losses and change faster.
- This training fully arms your team with the knowledge and tactics they need to create a Loss Reduction Culture.
Support after 101 training is complete
Kay will provide the following level of support for 90 days after training ends:
- Weekly calls with the team to answer questions about any topic in 101 training.
- Weekly review of loss calculations and trends.
“Creating An Army of Eyes”: Train the Trainer (Workforce Basics, 90 days after 101 training)
After completing 101 training and implementing what was learned at the management level, you will want your workforce’s help in finding and reducing more hidden losses. I will a 1-Day training of people that you designate as your site loss reduction trainers. I have personally trained many crews of hourly employees and administrative departments like accounting, marketing, purchasing, environmental, etc. Here are the rules for the day:
- My goal is to make your designated trainees “experts” in pulling the workforce into your loss reduction culture.
- Your management team will select people who will be training the workforce. I recommend one person per department or one person that can train multiple departments in a plant, office, etc. They need to have good communication skills. Depending on your culture, a person in management OR a leader in their area of responsibility could be selected.
- We will be covering the loss reduction basics that people working in any department need to know: how to identify a problem or area of loss, how to estimate a value of loss, how to get the loss to management so it is reviewed.
- Before this session, there will be a meeting with the management team to agree on 1) how to communicate the training that is coming and2) a process for reviewing ideas from the workforce, deciding which ones to pursue, and giving feedback to close the loop and keep the ideas coming.
Loss Reduction 202 (Advanced Management Level, 5 days of training, 90 days of support)
Advanced training modules build on 101 modules and turn up management’s power! They link new perspectives, data and choices to management activities that affect cash flow, growth and change. If this link is not made, there will be disconnects between new management perspectives on losses and the processes used to set targets and approve projects/capital spending. These disconnects will result in additional losses and even some “backsliding” of the Loss Reduction culture if not remedied. The MOAB Barrier will be revealed and discussed. Using your new culture to support the success of Change Initiatives will be covered. A process for sustaining the new culture as people transition in and out of management roles will also be shared. REMEMBER: If the culture goes away, your losses resume! There is NO GRAY AREA!
Integrating Loss Data into Financial Decision Processes
- Case Studies about Linking Potential to Targets and Spending Decisions.
- Budgets: Assessing Targets for Reasonableness, Achievability, Stretch
- Capital: Evaluating New Requests based on Existing Capacity
- Expansions: Capacity Analysis (from a loss perspective) vs. Need for or Placement of Expansion Capital.
- Projects: Evaluating Project Contingencies for Culture Impacts
- “Practice” meetings where budget, capital, expansions or projects are discussed.
- New Equipment will not Maximize Profit if a Loss Reduction Culture is not in place.
- Management’s Barriers to Optimization (requirements, relationships).
- Achieving “Site-wide” Optimization (it’s about culture, not equipment).
- “Plays” for Change – Turning Your Management Team into a “Sports Team”
- How a Loss Reduction Culture Supports and Sustains Change Initiatives.
- Barriers Not Addressed by Change Initiatives.
- Management’s Barriers to Optimization.
- Management’s MOAB – Moments that create the greatest risk of loss and how to prevent losses.
Sustaining a Loss Reduction Culture
- Management Training Module
202 Deliverables During Training:
Using their new perspectives and skills about Loss Reduction, your team will
- Compare budget targets to best/optimum targets to assess upside potential and budget achievability.
- Learn to use loss reduction concepts to perform a capacity analysis and refer to it BEFORE approving requests for bigger equipment, bottleneck shifts or expansions.
- Dissect project contingencies to determine allowances for culture/organizational weaknesses and reach agreement on management’s strategy to fix the problem
- Understand “horizontal management” (value stream management) and its link to “site-wide” optimization; identify weaknesses in your team’s ability to collaborate and execute “across” the organization.
- Become familiar with barriers linked to management system processes.
- Review a process for sustaining the new culture as executives and managers transition in and out of the team.
Support after 202 training is complete
Kay will provide the following level of support for 90 days after 202 training ends:
- Weekly calls with the team to answer questions about any topic in 101 or 202 training.
Spend a Day with Kay (Optional – Refresher Training, Retreats, Address Specific Challenges)
(Existing Clients ONLY, can be scheduled 270 days after 101 training)
After completing 101, Train the Trainer, and 202 training and implementing what was learned, questions and problems arise that did not come up during class. Here are the rules for the day:
- My goal is to make you all experts in loss reduction strategies and tactics.
- The shift to a Loss Reduction Culture is a new way of doing business… a new way of thinking, new questions, new problems to solve and a new level of performance that you want to sustain for years to come. Some parts of the shift go quickly, others take more time depending on your “old” culture.
- We will spend a whole day (8 hours) (or two half-days) having an honest conversation about what is working and what you are struggling with.
- You set the agenda. Any question related anything we covered in any of the training sessions is OK.
- You select the attendees. I will review the attendee list and may suggest that additional people participate for certain parts of our discussion.
- Our goal is to SOLVE AS MANY OF YOUR PROBLEMS AS POSSIBLE so you can avoid backsliding and stop your losses.
Spend A Day With Kay is great for refresher training or an annual retreat as part of your sustainability plan. Meeting once a year lets us reconnect, assess your progress and provide targeted support for the specific issues you are struggling with.
EXECUTIVES and MANAGEMENT TEAMS can USE NUMBERS, WORDS and ACTIONS STRATEGICALLY
to STOP YOUR LOSSES and SHIFT YOUR COMPANY’S PERFORMANCE into OVERDRIVE!
Talk to THE EXPERT in LOSS REDUCTION CULTURE METRICS, STRATEGIES and TACTICS!
Click Here to Watch our FREE WEBINAR and Receive a FREE 30-Minute Phone Consultation!
OPPORTUNITY: The only element with an infinite atomic number and weight. An odorless invisible element defined as a hidden or substandard set of circumstances in business that, when not acted upon, creates invisible losses that reduce profit. These losses can be eliminated by management when linked to beliefs, behaviors and numbers that drive the corporate culture, yielding a desirable green substance found in financial institutions.