“Best Possible” Content:
Data, Perspectives, Skills, Strategies
LIVE STREAM Training/Coaching – NO Travel, Flexible Schedule
PROVEN METHODS…NO FLUFF…COMMON SENSE APPROACH…HONEST FEEDBACK about what works and doesn’t work when it comes to achieving BEST POSSIBLE performance.
How much money is your company “leaving on the table”? No accounting system can give you the answer to that question. These dollars account for the gap between actual earnings and your company’s earnings capability (the “best” you can do). For mid-large sized companies, millions of dollars of profit opportunity can be at risk. It’s time to focus on what’s missing! These dollars must approach ZERO to achieve “best possible” results.
To make it easier and faster for leadership teams to “mine” their profit opportunities, Kay bundled her knowledge and expertise into a ” best possible” performance system called MiningOpportunity. MiningOpportunity is a “mining process” for EXPLORING, DISCOVERING and CONVERTING dollars “left on the table” to profit. With this step-by-step approach and Kay as their coach, leaders will
- “explore” for hidden losses in assets, the organization and management activities.
- “discover” and quantify dollars left on the table.
- create “best possible” data (dollars, metrics linked to dollars, “best possible” targets).
- gain new perspectives about what is possible to achieve.
- act strategically to stop the most costly losses first.
- incorporate “best possible” data into decision making.
- strengthen working relationships so people can work together to stop losses.
- shape a corporate culture focused on “best possible” performance.
- understand and remove the barriers that stand in their way.
As leadership teams follow MiningOpportunity steps, they will create a “best possible” platform that helps them maintain a “best possible” focus in day-to-day activities, which maximizes profit and sustains “best possible” results.
MiningOpportunity Training Options
“BEST POSSIBLE” PERFORMANCE – TEAM TRAINING PLAN
Begin With the End in Mind – Setting Expectations
- Journey Overview (Removing “The Lid”, Numbers Drive Behavior, Different Questions/Different Problems/Different Solutions/Different Results, Case Studies – Dollars Found, “Mining” Examples, 3 Main Steps, Barrier Removal, “Best Possible” Platform, Making Your Job Easier)
Creating Your “Best Possible” Dataset
- Examples: Where to Look (Tire Management, Drills-Water, Procurement-Hydraulic Part, Freight, Mill Water-Urgency, Shovel Productivity-The 10-Minute Million Dollar Problem)
- Let’s Go Exploring! – Your Hidden Profit Opportunities
- Discovery: Valuing Profit Opportunities (Margin Calculation, 4-Step Process)
- Impact on Revenues & Costs (G/L Connection, Event-Based Costs-the 3rd cost category)
- Managing the Process of Discovery (Top __ List (10,20, etc), Expectations-Total Will Go Up and Down)
- Linking Measures to Dollars (Selection of Measures, Setting “Best Possible” Target Guidelines Max/Min/Other, Equipment Delays, Capacity, Recovery, Departments (Internal vs. Value Stream considerations))
- Trending – Strategies, Use (Formats that Tell a Story, Grouping Charts, Urgency/Commitment, Communications, Management Tools/Decisions)
Review of Barriers to “Best Possible” Results
- Understanding What Stands in Your Way (Improvement Sabotage,“Hide”/”Divide”/”Hinder”, Financial Data)
- Organization/Culture (Fear & Freedom to Speak – Rabbits, Mixed Messages – Trust, Trust vs. Profit, Acceptance of Barriers is a Barrier)
- The Management Subculture (Traditional Perspectives, Management’s Role, Subjective Choices, Management’s “Culture Engine”, MOABs (Mother of All Barriers), 8 Mindsets-Million Dollar Mindset Shifts)
- Leadership Teams Have All the Power (Escape is Possible, The Secret to Accelerating Change – Change is Like Racing, Why You Will Become “Demolition” Experts)
- Group Review – Questions, Confusion, Uncertainties (Concept of Profit Potential, Problems = Opportunity, Valuation of Losses, Selection of Measures, Establishing “Best Possible” Targets, Million Dollar Mindset Shifts, Barriers, Barrier Removal Concerns)
- Readyness Conversation
Best Possible” Platform
NOTE: Tools/graphics/analogies listed below were developed by Kay over her career and are proven to remove barriers to “best possible” performance. Some of them may not be needed in your company, depending on your “best possible” goals, data available to management, characteristics of your corporate culture and barriers that your management team is facing. A pre-training assessment will help determine which ones to include to maximize the benefits to your team during training.
- Gather/Track Profit Opportunities (Review Valuations, Approve Moving Forward, Track Progress, Celebrate Success)
- Equipment Management (Can We Meet Budget? vs. How Good Can We Be?,“Best Possible” Trends for Productivity, Delays, Consumables)
- Budgets (New Context for Budget Goals, Stretch Goals, Target Reasonableness Check – Drill Utilization)
- Capital Requests (Needed/Justified with “Best Possible”?, Process Orientation)
- Expansion Capital (Needed Now?, In the Right Place?, Value Stream Capacity Chart, Process Characteristic Matrix)
- Project Management (Questions that Could Change Scope/Solutions, Process Orientation, Process Characteristic Matrix, Steps for Sustainability)
- Value Stream Management (Questions that Could Change Scope/Solutions, Process Orientation, Process Characteristic Matrix, Value Stream Capacity Chart)
- Working Together/Corporate Culture (Problems = Opportunity, Choices Have Value, Freedom to Speak, Trust, Mixed Messages, Process Orientation)
- Leadership Team Processes/Choices (Problems = Opportunity, Truth-Trust-Tons, Trading Personal Power for Team Power – Joe, Culture Engine – Truth, Trust, Mixed Messages, Daily Meeting, Shift Change Handoff, Supervisor Culture Map, Policies for Site Support – Process Orientation, Problem Solving – Process Orientatation, 8 Mindsets – Million Dollar Mindset Shifts)
- New Employee Orientation – “Best Possible” Culture Training (How People Think and Work Together) – (Identify/Value Opportunities, Select/Trend Measures, Use Data in Decisions, Communications, Management Decisions/Activities)
Spend a Day with Kay – Annual Refresher (Great for refresher training or an annual retreat as part of your sustainability plan. After establishing your “Best Possible” Platform, meeting once a year lets us reconnect, assess your progress and provide targeted support for the specific issues you may be struggling with. Can be More Than One Day, for existing clients)
Here are the rules for the retreat:
- My goal is to make you all experts in “best possible” performance strategies and tactics.
- The shift to a “Best Possible” Culture is a new way of doing business… a new way of thinking, new questions, new problems to solve, new ways to solve them, and a new level of performance that you want to sustain for years to come. Some parts of the shift to this new way of working go quickly, others may take more time until you feel confident.
- We can do One Day per site, One Day per division… We will plan the number of days we need together before we meet.
- You set the agenda. Any question related anything we covered in any of the training sessions is OK.
- You select the attendees. I will review the attendee list and may suggest that additional people participate for certain parts of our discussion.
- Our goal is to SOLVE AS MANY OF YOUR PROBLEMS AS POSSIBLE so you can avoid backsliding and continue to make progress.
OPPORTUNITY: The only element with an infinite atomic number and weight. An odorless invisible element defined as a hidden or substandard set of circumstances in business that, when not acted upon, creates invisible losses that reduce profit. These losses can be eliminated by management when linked to beliefs, behaviors and numbers that drive the corporate culture, yielding a desirable green substance found in financial institutions.